Malaysian Association for the Study of Obesity
The objectives of MASO are:
- Focus attention and stimulate the study of obesity in Malaysia including its causes, manifestations and prevention.
- Provide an independent body of healthcare professionals involved in both basic and applied research into the subject.
- Encourage research into all facets and prevention of obesity.
- Provide a better understanding of obesity to healthcare professionals and to general public.
- Seek affiliation with international bodies to ensure the best possible exchange of information about the study of the epidemiological, metabolic, nutritional, pharmacological, surgical, behavioural and educational aspects of obesity and its treatment.
- To compile, print, publish and distribute brochures and /or journals by experts detailing information about obesity with the prior approval of the authority concerned.
- To receive donations in the form of cash or bonds or share certificates from any person or group of persons so disposed on behalf of the Society and also to borrow or raise money and to invest and deal with money so derived for the purpose of enhancing the scientific study of and the cure for obese patients.
THE COUNCIL: 2017-2019
|President||: Emeritus Prof. Dr Mohd Ismail Noor
|Vice President||: Prof. Dr. Norimah A. Karim FNSM|
|Secretary||: Assoc. Prof. Dr. Hazizi Abu Saad FNSM|
|Hon. Treasurer||: Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nik Shanita Safii|
|Asst. Hon. Secretary||: Dr. Chin Yit Siew|
|MASO Web master||: Mr. Lim Kooi Fong|
|Prof. Dr. Poh Bee Koon FNSM|
|Dr. Mahenderan Appukutty FNSM|
|Dr. Mohd Razif Shahril|
|Ms. Zaitun Daud|
|Dr. Geeta Appannah|
|Dr Denise Koh Choon Lian|
|Dr Mona Lisa binti Md Rasid|
Organization Secretariat mailing address:
Malaysian Association for the Study of Obesity (MASO)
c/o School of Healthcare Sciences
Faculty of Health Sciences
Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia
Jalan Raja Muda Abdul Aziz
50300 Kuala Lumpur
Telephone number : +603 9289 7622
Fax number : +603 2694 1296